Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
i have got five things:
1. when i went to my national airline's sales office with my former boyfriend. a moment of reconciliation after years of not communicating at all is something worth remembering, for the sake of friendship re-forming.
2. when i went to corporations and institutions looking for sponsorship to fund my germany trip and got one rejection after another. it was a lot tougher and more resource-consuming than i thought, yet it taught me to set my priorities better.
3. when i left the train from hamburg airport to hamburg main train station, and the cold spring wind stroked my cheeks. a starting point of my dream adventure should survive any chance of memory loss.
4. when i came to my dean's office to ask him to write a recommendation for my exchange application, and he asked, "when do you plan to graduate? has that included your exchange period?". it changed my old mantra, "prepare for the worst, hope for the best", to "prepare for the best".
5. when i sent malorie to the airport for her flight back home to the philippines. it was intense and emotional to finally realise that the time of my life was to end very soon. without her and ken, that went home already a couple of days beforehand, my stay in bangkok is no longer to have an exchange semester under a scholarship scheme given for asean student by chulalongkorn university's faculty of communication arts.